Monday, February 23, 2015

Meaningful Movie Moments

Happy Monday my Happy clan!  I thought today we all could use an earlier Happy and with the way my days have been going, if I don't do it now I won't be able to do it until much later, so now it is!  I've already been working all morning - even though I'd much rather take a nap ;)  But so far it's been a nice day!  Johnny had a good morning and starts kickball today... I wish I could go play kickball with him!  That was always my favorite sport to play in school.  I don't think he realizes just how much fun he is going to have!!  He is excited to give it a go though and that's all I ask of him.  Before he left I gave him a hug and kiss and reminded him what Rocky Balboa said "Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up!"

And that "see you later" message to my Johnny gave me my idea for our Happy for today.  We all love movies - whether they're action, comedy, romance or even documentaries.  And no matter what movie it is, we always take something from them.  I know most of the time movies are just made up tales of mystery and fantasy, but they're a great way to escape from the world and you can learn quite a bit from movies if you allow yourself.  In fact, some of the most inspirational quotes come from movies.  So, today I am going to share some of my favorite movies quotes with you all:

  • "Spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself & a little less time trying to impress people." -The Breakfast Club
  • "It's your actions that will make you a good person, not desire." -Silver Linings Playbook
  • "No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true!" -Cinderella
  • "Remember, no man is a failure who has friends!" -It's a Wonderful Life
  • "I do not regret the things I've done but those I did not do." -Empire Records
  • "Oh yes, the past can hurt.  But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." -The Lion King
  • "Going in one more round when you don't think you can, that's what makes all the difference in your life!" -Rocky IV
  • "Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might miss it." -Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • "Get busy living or get busy dying." -The Shawshank Redemption
  • "Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?" -What a Girl Wants
  • "I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special." -Steel Magnolias
  • "Worrying is like a rocking chair.  It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere." -National Lampoon's Van Wilder
  • "You are who you choose to be!!!" -The Iron Giant
  • "There are only four questions of value in life.  What is sacred?  Of what is the spirit made?  What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for?  The answer to each is the same - only love!" -Don Juan DeMarco
I could honestly go all day long, but I think this is a good chunk to keep you smiling through today :)  I'd love to hear some of your favorites if they're not on here - so feel free to share your favorite movie quotes in the comments below, if you'd like!  Have a wonderful day and until tomorrow, keep smiling and spreading that love!!

Peace, Love and Happiness!
Karen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment