Friday, February 27, 2015

Songs of Happiness!

Happy beautiful Friday my Happy clan!  I hope you all are having a wonderful morning so far!!  I am in a fantastic mood today and plan to stay that way all day long!  I woke up to the sun shining calmly in my room, just slightly but enough to spread some glimmer to the morning.  My Johnny was all smiles and full of happiness this morning as well - and that made the morning even brighter!  Then, as I was driving him to school one of our favorite "jams" came on the radio and we danced and sang the whole way there!!  It has been such a marvelous morning and I am excited to keep this happiness going!!!

Even though I was already in a really good mood this morning - when our song came on it made the morning that much more awesome!!!  It's funny how songs can be such a strong influence in our lives, and every single person has some sort of connection to music, no matter what genre they are listening to.  Now, there are a lot of songs out there that can be quite negative, but there are so many songs out there that spread a positive message and those are the songs I focus on.  And for today's Happy, I want to share lyrics from some of the uplifting songs I love to rock out to, starting with mine and Johnny's jam!

American Authors - Best Day of My Life
This is gonna be the best day of my life
My li-I-I-fe
This is gonna be the best day of my life
My li-I-I-fe
This is gonna be, this is gonna be, this is gotta be
The best day of my life
Everything is looking up, everybody up now
This is gonna be the best day of my life
My li-I-I-fe

P.O.D. - Alive
Everyday is a new day
I’m thankful for every breath I take
I won’t take it for granted
So I learn from my mistakes
It’s beyond my control, sometimes it’s best to let go
Whatever happens in this lifetime
So I trust in love
You have given me peace of mind
I feel so alive for the very first time
I can’t deny you
I feel so alive
I feel so alive for the very first time 
And I think I can fly

Imagine Dragons - On Top of the World
And I know it’s hard when you’re falling down
And it’s a long way up when you hit the ground
Get up now, get up, get up now.
‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt
I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay
Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay
Take you with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I’m on top of the world.

Happy - Pharrell Williams
Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,
Well, give me all you got, and don't hold it back, yeah,
Well, I should probably warn you I'll be just fine, yeah,
No offense to you, don't waste your time
Here's why
Because I'm happy!

Don't Worry Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy

All You Need is Love - The Beatles
There's nothing you can know that isn't known

Nothing you can see that isn't shown
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
It's easy
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need

I Can See Clearly Now - Jimmy Cliff
I can see clearly now the rain is gone.I can see all obstacles in my way.Here is that rainbow I've been praying for.It's gonna be a bright (bright)bright (bright) sunshiny day.It's gonna be a bright (bright)bright (bright) sunshiny day.It's going to be a bright (bright)bright (bright) sunshiny day.Yeah, hey, it's gonna be a bright (bright) bright (bright)sunshiny day.

Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)
Sun is shinin' in the sky,
There ain't a cloud in sightIt's stopped rainin'Everybody's in a playAnd don't you knowIt's a beautiful new day.Runnin' down the avenue,See how the sun shines brightlyIn the city on the streetsWhere once was pity,Mr. Blue Sky is living here today!

I have so many other positive song lyrics that I'd love to share with you, but I do have to get ready for work, so I hope these will be enough to keep you smiling all day long!  I'm sure you all have plenty of songs you listen to to help you stay happy and I'd love to hear those too, so feel free to share your happy songs in the comments!!  But, it's time for me to say "see you later" as I need to (as my sissy would say) R-U-N-N-O-F-T so until tomorrow, keep smiling and spreading that love!!

Peace, Love and Happiness!
Karen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment